SYN FREE CLASSIC BELGIAN WAFFLES
Whether it is for breakfast or dessert – these Syn Free Classic Belgian Waffles are delicious
- 40g (1.5oz) of oats
- 3/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) of fat free plain Yoghurt
- 3/4 tbs of sukrin:1 (or another sweetener of your choice)
- 1/2 tsp of almond extract (or can use different extracts for flavour)
- 1 large egg
- spray oil
- Heat waffle iron (low temp is if has a temperature control on it)
- Add the oats to a blender and blitz till fine
- Mix in the baking powder
- Add the yoghurt, egg, sukrin: 1 and almond extract and mix to combine.
- Spray waffle iron with spray oil
- Pour in the mix evenly, close and cook till waffles are golden.
- Remove, serve with sides of choice
- I served mine with fruit and maple syrup
This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy – 1 HEb per serving
- Green/Vegetarian – 1 HEb per serving
- Original – 1 HEb per serving
- WW Smart Points – 7
- Gluten Free – use gluten-free oats and baking powder
Add 2 syns if serving with 1 tbs of maple syrup and fruit.
This waffle mix will pretty much fill the all compartments of a round waffle maker, if using a square waffle maker like I have, the mix will fill about 2 to 3 compartments.
I do not syn the baking powder, as it less than 0.5 syns for the amount used.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.