KETO KRISPY KREME DONUTS Having a Krispy Kreme donut and living a keto lifestyle are no longer mutually exclusive, so bake these very yeasty and addictive donuts with a crunchy, sugary exterior you’ll want to have again and again without all the guilt! Equipment
- You will need a donut pan and a piping bag or ziplock bag for this recipe.
Ingredients Donut Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 6 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup monk fruit sweetener we like Lakanto-Golden
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
Instructions For the Donut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a donut pan. Set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl with a whisk.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil and eggs. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk until it becomes a sticky, thick dough.
- Next spoon the dough into a piping bag or ziplock to pipe the dough into the greased donut pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes , then remove from the oven and let cool.
For the Glaze:
- In shallow saucepan, combine all ingredients and whisk together.
- Let cook on medium heat for five minutes while whisking constantly.
- Once donut is slightly cooled, drop in pan of hot glaze, and coat both sides completely.
- Repeat until all donuts are coated.(If you notice glaze is starting to thicken up in pan, place back on heat for a minute or so to remelt).
- Let cool on plate. The glaze with harden a bit, creating a crunchy exterior. Enjoy!
Notes Level: EasySubstitutes: Monk Fruit sweetener for any granulated sweetenerXanthan Gum can be omitted, although it will change the texture a bitCoconut Oil can be subbed for any oilEggs cannot be substituted in this recipe Nutrition Facts Serving Size 1 donutServings Per Container 4 donuts Amount Per Serving Calories 185 Calories from Fat 135% Daily Value* Total Fat 15g 23% Saturated Fat 10g 50% Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 90mg 30% Sodium 180mg 8% Total Carbohydrate 9g 3% Dietary Fiber 6g 24% Sugars 1g Protein 6g 12% *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.