Keto Hot Dog Buns
Enjoy hot dogs to their full potential with these Keto Hot Dog Buns. They are super easy to make and ready in 20 minutes from start to finish!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 100 g grated mozzarella ¾ cup
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 eggs divided
- 1 tsp white vinegar
Microwave Safe Bowl
Baking Sheet with Non Stick Baking Mat or Parchment Paper
Heat oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with baking mat or parchment paper, then set aside.
In a microwave safe bowl combine almond flour, parmesan cheese, baking powder, baking soda, garlic powder, onion powder and sea salt. Whisk, then toss in grated mozzarella. Place butter on top, then microwave for 45 seconds. Mix with a wooden spoon, microwave for an additional 30 seconds, then mix again.
Crack the eggs into a small dish and whisk well. Remove 1 tbsp of the egg and set aside, then pour the remaining egg into the almond flour / cheese. Fold the eggs in gently using a wooden spoon until just combined, then gently fold in the vinegar. Do not over mix the dough or these keto hot dog buns could turn into breadsticks.
Divide the dough into four sections, then gently roll each section into a weiner sized log and place evenly on the baking sheet. Brush with the remaining egg wash.
Bake in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes, until the tops are golden brown. Let sit for a few minutes to cool before slicing and filling with your hot dogs!
- Make sure the mozzarella is fully melted before adding in the egg and vinegar.
- Be sure to work gently with this dough. If it is over mixed, you could get breadsticks instead of hot dog buns. The vinegar interacts with the baking powder to create volume, which would be crushed if it was kneaded too hard.
- This recipe is designed to create 4 large hot dog buns. If you prefer them smaller, this recipe can be divided into 6 or 8 hot dog buns.
- When shaping the buns, roll each log out until it is the length of a hot dog.
Nutrition Facts Nutrition facts are an estimate only! The ingredients you choose could have different nutritional values than the ingredients I have used.
Deduct fibre from the total carbs to get 4 g net carbs per bun.