Easy low-carb Christmas cake is beautiful at any time of the year. The almond essence/extract really gives this cake a special festive flavour.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Total Carbs: 5.8g
Basic easy low carb Christmas cake
- 110 g butter softened
- 4 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice or more, to taste
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp mixed spice/pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp almond essence/extract
- 4 eggs – medium
- 200 g almond meal/flour
- 100 g walnuts (or macadamias) chopped
- 75 g mixed/candied peel
- 75 g dried goji berries
- 75 g dried cranberries
- 50 g orange and lemon zest
Mix well the butter and sweetener until pale and fluffy.
Add the spices and essence, mix again.
Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing between each one.
Add the almond meal/flour and mix until well combined.
Stir through the nuts and optional extras now.
Line a 8 inch/20cm round baking tin with baking parchment/paper and butter the sides well.
Spoon into the prepared tin and bake at 180C/350F for 20 minutes, or until cooked (ovens vary).
Easy Low-Carb Christmas Cake
Amount Per Serving
Calories 240Calories from Fat 201
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.