90 Second Keto Bread (in a microwave!)
If you’re on a low carb diet, then you know the grief and suffering that comes from the absence of bread. For me, toast with breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and even more bread with dinner used to be a staple at every meal. Why not!? It’s soooo dang good. So, I searched for a quick fix for low carb bread.
Fortunately, you can still eat bread (microwave keto bread) while keeping your carb count low with this Low Carb Bread Recipe! You can thank coconut and almond flour for that. I’ve always got my pantry stocked full of both of these flours because they compliment each other really well. Plus, they make some great microwave keto bread, too.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Low carb
Make Keto Bread in a microwave in as little as 90 seconds! Tasty and low carb.
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- Large egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- garlic powder, herbs or spices of your choice
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, flours, milk, olive oil, baking powder and salt. Then, add in the herbs and cheese, if using, and stir to combine.
- Next, pour the batter into a small microwave safe bowl or wide mug and microwave for 90 seconds.
- Place the mug or bowl upside down on a cutting board or plate and let the bread slide out. Then, cut it crosswise making two round english muffin shaped biscuits.
- Finally, to toast, place the bread rounds on a high heat skillet with a touch of butter or oil for 30-60 seconds on each side.
- With the combination of the coconut flour and almond flour, this biscuit has just the right amount of structure and moisture. If you are using just coconut flour, I would only use 1.5 tbsps. Plus, if you are using just almond flour, you will probably need 3-4 tbsps.
- This multi purpose bread can be eaten as toast or sandwich bread! It’s absolutely delicious with a fried egg, a few slices of bacon, cheese and avocado piled on in between.