Nutter Butter Cheesecake
This decadent cheesecake is loaded with Nutter Butters, chopped Heath Bars, and copious amounts of peanut butter. Make it for the PB lover in your life and they’ll love you forever.
18 nutter butter cookies
2 heath bars (2.8 oz total)
2 heath bars
6 tbsp. butter, melted Pinch of kosher salt
FOR CHEESECAKE FILLING
3 (8-oz) blocks cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
3/4 c. granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1/4 c. full-fat sour cream
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 c. sour cream
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/4 c. creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp. heavy cream
8 mini nutter butter cookies (or 4 crushed nutter butter cookies)
2 heath bars (2.8 oz total), chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 325º and spray an 8” or 9″ springform pan with cooking spray.
- Make crust: In a large resealable bag or a food processor fitted with a metal blade, crush or blend Nutter Butters until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place toffee bars in a large resealable bag. Crush with a rolling pin or skillet until bars are no larger than the size of a pea. Transfer to bowl with crumbs and add melted butter and a pinch of salt, then stir to combine.
- Make cheesecake filling: In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add peanut butter and sugar and beat until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined. Add sour cream, vanilla, and salt and mix until fully incorporated, being careful not to over beat.
- Press Nutter Butter toffee crumb mixture into pan and 1/3 of the way up the sides, packing tightly. Pour cheesecake filling over crust. Wrap bottom of pan in aluminum foil and place in a large roasting pan. Pour in enough boiling water to come up halfway in the roasting pan.
- Bake until center of cheesecake only slightly jiggles, 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare sour cream topping: Combine sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. Spread evenly over the top of baked cheesecake. Return cake to oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat, prop open oven door, and let cheesecake cool in oven, 1 hour. Transfer to refrigerator and continue chilling for 5 hours and up to overnight.
- In a bowl using a hand mixer, blend peanut butter and heavy cream until smooth and creamy. Transfer mixture into a pastry bag. Snip the tip of the pastry bag, and decorate top of cake with peanut butter mixture in one direction. Rotate cake slightly and pipe lines in another direction to create a diamond pattern. Decorate with the mini Nutter Butter cookies (or crushed Nutter Butters) and sprinkle with crushed toffee bars.