Keto Fried Chicken
To make a Keto Friendly fried chicken we skipped the flour and went for pork rinds and Parmesan. Almond flour helps adhere everything together as well for a perfectly crisp chicken. We also baked this chicken to skip all of the unnecessary oil but it still bakes into a chicken breast that you would swear was fried. Feel free to use thighs or drumsticks as well, just know the bake time will be longer!
FOR THE CHICKEN
6 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (about 4 lbs.)
Kosher salt Freshly ground black pepper
2 large eggs
1/2 c. heavy cream
3/4 c. almond flour
1 1/2 c. finely crushed pork rinds
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
FOR THE SPICY MAYO
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl whisk together eggs and heavy cream. In another shallow bowl, combine almond flour, pork rinds, Parmesan, garlic powder, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
- Working one at a time, dip chicken in egg mixture and then in almond flour mixture, pressing to coat. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until chicken is golden and internal temperature reaches 165°, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile make dipping sauce: In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise and hot sauce. Add more hot sauce depending on preferred spiciness level.
- Serve chicken warm with dipping sauce.