I’m not typically all about re-creating junk food and making it keto or low carb, but I made a little exception for this keto Monte Cristo sandwich recipe. My favorite sandwich in the whole world is a Monte Cristo. Traditionally, the Monte Christo recipe is made with two slices of french toast and there’s ham, turkey and swiss in the middle. It’s sometimes also fried at the end and comes with a little bowl of maple syrup for dipping.
- Author: Amanda C. Hughes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings 1x
- Category: Lunch
- 6 pancakes from my cream cheese pancake recipe
- 4 slices of turkey
- 4 slices of ham
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- low carb, sugar-free maple syrup
- First, make six pancakes from my cream cheese pancake recipe.
- Once the pancakes are ready, separate the turkey and ham into four piles with two slices each. Two piles of turkey with two slices, and two piles of ham with two slices. Add 1/2 cup of swiss cheese to each pile. Cook on medium-low in the same pan that you cooked the pancakes, add a little more coconut oil and cover with a lid until the cheese is melted.
- Then, just stack them up. Add your bottom pancake, then a stack of turkey and cheese. Then, another pancake and a stack of ham on top. Finally, another pancake and a little cheese on top. I also then added it back to the frying pan on low with a lid, since your pancakes might be cool by this point.
- And you’re done. Drizzle the low-carb/sugar-free syrup over the top, or if you want to control how much you have, just add a little bowl of syrup so you can dip it instead. That might actually be the best way to eat a Monte Cristo sandwich.