Coconut flour chocolate cake – keto + gluten free
an easy moist keto chocolate cake, dairy free and gluten free with coconut flour and chocolate ganache
PREP TIME:15 MINS
COOK TIME:50 MINS
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (65g)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder or half amount of baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (60g)
- 4 eggs , large
- 1/2 cup sugar free crystal sweetener erythritol, Monk fruit, Xylitol (100g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 13.5 oz full-fat canned coconut cream , (1 can, 400 ml) or heavy cream
- 4 oz sugar free dark chocolate chips or bars chopped in pieces (120g)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or heavy cream (120ml)
OPTIONAL – TO DECORATE
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
Preheat oven to 170C (340F).
Grease a 9 inches round cake pan with coconut oil or butter. Set aside.
In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, baking powder and unsweetened cocoa powder. Set aside
In another bowl, beat eggs with sugar free crystal sweetener of your choice. It shouldn’t take more then 30 seconds using a manual whisk. Process as if you are making an omelette.
Pour the liquid mixture onto the coconut flour/cocoa blend.
Whisk in vanilla and full-fat coconut cream (or heavy cream).
Stir until fully combined and a shiny cake batter form with no lumps.
Transfer the cake batter in the prepared cake pan.
Bake for 50 minutes, in the center of the oven. You can add a piece of foil on top of the cake after 30 minutes of baking. This prevent the top of cake to burn and ensure a consistent cooking inside the cake, especially if you don’t have a fan-bake mode on your oven.
Your cake is cooked when a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake come out clean.
Cool in the cake pan for 10 minutes, then release the cake onto a cooling rack for at least 1 hour before adding the chocolate ganache on top.
Meanwhile prepare the chocolate ganache
In a medium saucepan, under medium heat, warm the sugar free dark chocolate with coconut cream (or heavy cream) until it forms bubbles on the side of the saucepan. Don’t boil the cream and whisk constantly to avoid the chocolate to burn. It will melt as you go creating a glossy chocolate ganache after about 3 minutes.
Spread the chocolate ganache over the chocolate cake using a pipping bag or squeeze sauce bottle. Decorate with unsweetened desiccated coconut if desired (add about 2 tablespoons).
Store the cake in an airtight cake box in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Freeze the cake sliced, in individual zip bag, defrost the day before. I recommend freezing without the frosting for better result.
Net carb per slice including the chocolate ganache : 4 grams
- Ganache will thicken as it cool so pop the cake in the fridge if too runny and it will thicken quickly. The ganache can be made the day before, store in the fridge and rewarm to liquefy. You can set aside some ganache to add as an extra on each slice you serve.
AMOUNT PER SERVING (1 SLICE WITH GANACHE)
CALORIES 166CALORIES FROM FAT 130
% DAILY VALUE*