COCONUT CURRY CHICKEN: A KETO LOW CARB CURRY RECIPE
This flavorful keto chicken curry recipe (a.k.a. coconut curry chicken) is EASY, with a secret trick! You’re just 10 ingredients and 30 minutes away from low carb coconut cream curry.
2 tbsp Olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 large Onion (chopped)
- 1 lb Chicken breast (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 14.5-oz can Diced tomatoes (drained)
- 7 oz Coconut cream (the entire cream part skimmed from a 14-oz can)
- 1/4 cup Chicken broth
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Curry powder (+1 tsp cumin if your curry powder doesn’t include it)
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt (to taste)
Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for about 7 to 10 minutes, until translucent and browned.
Push the onion to the side. Increase heat to medium high. Add another tablespoon oil and the chicken in a single layer. Saute the chicken for just 1 to 2 minutes per side, only to brown the outside.
Add the diced tomatoes, coconut cream, chicken broth, garlic, curry powder, ground ginger, paprika, and sea salt. Stir everything together. Adjust salt to taste.
Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through, sauce is thick, and flavors develop to your liking.